- This initiative was created with the aim of promoting the development of joint projects and new innovative solutions that meet the needs of the real estate sector, strengthening its value chain.
- In addition to Metrovacesa, KPMG and Datacasas Proptech, the sectorial starts its activity with Activum, Atrebo, BBVA, Eurotech TLS, Fibree, Grant Thornton, Haya Real Estate, Intrum, Nexo-Digital, Nexum, Realfund, Pulsar EAFI, Sacyr, Unicaja, URJC, Vía Ágora and WIRES as members.
- Alastria, which was born in mid-2017, currently has more than 500 members belonging to different sectors of activity and types of companies
Madrid, October 25, 2022. Alastria, one of the largest public-permissioned and multi-sector blockchain platforms in the world that brings together more than 500 partners from different sectors and sizes, launches the Real Estate sectorial led by Metrovacesa, KPMG and Datacasas Proptech.
Among Alastria’s objectives is the promotion of blockchain knowledge through the promotion of use cases for the real world. To this end, it favors the creation of sectoral working groups where industry, technology solution providers, public administrations and academia come together to generate spaces for reflection, participation and collaborative work among partners with common interests around a sector of activity and in which the application of distributed technologies (DLT) has a high transformative potential.
Real Estate thus joins other Alastria sectors that are already working on the impact of blockchain in the world of art and digital culture with NFT, transport and logistics, financial services, energy, industry and health, among others.
The new sectorial is born with the aim of promoting joint projects, investigating predefined lines of work and their applications to the Real Estate value chain, as well as to facilitate the realization of projects between partners in the Alastria ecosystem.
Analyzing the latest technological trends and, based on the results of a survey that measured the main needs and challenges of the consortium’s partners in the real estate sector, the main lines of work that will guide the sector have been defined:
- Benefits and opportunities of the Metaverse.
- Application of NFTs, tokenization of assets and use of cryptoassets in real estate operations.
- Industrialization (traceability of processes and digital identity of buildings).
- Sustainability (traceability of processes and digital identity of buildings).
The new work team will start its activity by opening the projects developed with blockchain technology by the partners in the real estate sector to date, with two clear objectives. On the one hand, to understand the benefits of the technology with an example of real application in the sector and, on the other hand, to facilitate a quick proof of concept for those partners who want to participate.
Additionally, the sectorial will have the advice of external experts in each of the lines of work to know in depth the blockchain trends and developments applicable in the Real Estate value chain.
In addition to Metrovacesa, KPMG and Datacasas Proptech, the sectorial will have as members Activum, Atrebo, BBVA, Eurotech TLS, Fibree, Grant Thornton, Haya Real Estate, Intrum, Nexo-Digital, Nexum, Realfund, Pulsar EAFI, Sacyr, Unicaja, URJC, Vía Ágora and WIRES.